High Density Thickeners "TESPA"
The High-Density Thickener "TESPA" is particularly suitable for the treatment of sticky clays, which allows in one-step water clarification and generation of a thick sludge with moisture content similar to that liquid-separation effect obtained in filtration processes.
The "TESPA" is similar in operation to the High-Rate Clarifier performance and represents the ideal solution for the effluents treatment produced in the clarification/thickening stages in the aggregates washing process. Its application combines the advantage to separate highly concentrate solids, called “paste”, for tailings disposal from liquid as a clarified water for recycling to the primary washing process stages.
- Significant reduction of sludge dams surface.
- Substantial elimination of free water surface.
- Low hydraulic permeability of the sludge disposal.
- The absence of free water prevents that solid particles settle or segregate inside piping systems with no flow or agitation.
- The sludge disposal gets dry by evaporation effect in a shorter time due to their low water content.
The characterization and analysis of the slurry to identify its consistency, fluidity and viscosity is essential for the specification and sizing of the suitable equipment to ensure efficient operation in the transport and discharge of the sludge. The precise knowledge of these properties will enable the control of the thickening or concentration of solids critical value, which may change substantially depending on the paste material characteristics. It is fundamental to ensure an efficient regulation control on the flocculant dosage, which can be achieved with the automatic sedimentation device “Conves” of own designed.