RESEARCH AND TESTING
AMP® has the equipment and capability for testing of materials and processes for scale simulation in the laboratory or pilot plant, or full field trials.
Our research and development team has extensive experience in the treatment of samples of ores and sands in the laboratory, our pilot plants or through field trials to characterize and investigate mineral raw materials. These trials lead to the accurate determination of process parameters, which allow us to extrapolate data from industrial-scale engineering to specify the most suitable operational flow circuit.
AMP offers equipment and systems for testing processes in the laboratory or in the field using plants of various types and configurations to suit most materials, industrial minerals, coals, salts, slag, recycled products, as well as to other process to remediate environmental impacts.
In cases where it is necessary to investigate the application of new techniques to explore productivity improvements to an existing installation, our engineers have developed extensive programs of trials which, through the accumulation and interpolation of data, determine the ideal process to ensure a precise and efficient operation. Among the processes and trials that we are frequently executing, examples include:
- Separation and concentration of ores and sands by the gravimetric method, using the latest developments of concentrator spirals.
- Concentration of heavy minerals and gold by shaking tables, centrifugal concentrators and jigs
- Elimination of pollutants and contaminants
- Washing, classification and dewatering of ores and sands.
- Clarification and thickening.
- Dehydration of sludge and clay by filter press and vacuum.
- Attrition by attrition cells and attrition scrubber.
- Magnetic separation
- Benefits shown at pilot scale for metallic ores, industrial minerals and coal.
- Material handling: quartering, reductionin size, sieving, drying and preparation for physical and chemical analysis.
For mineralogical and chemical testing, as well as for other research in specific processes, we collaborate with competent research centres that provide reliability and accuracy in their studies and analysis. Our technical team guarantees complete care and reliability within a climate of communication and participation with the customer, in all types of works of trials - for simple operations through to development of complex processes that require a high level of specialization.